Unmarried partners of Settled persons (British Citizen / ILR Holders

If you are an overseas national and have lived together with a British Citizen or a person having settled status (ILR) in the UK, you need to apply for entry clearance (overseas) or leave to remain (in country) in order to obtain unmarried partner visa in the UK. There are several requirements that need to be met to qualify for this visa and even a minor mistake or absence of a necessary document may result in the refusal of the application.

You and your partner must be 21 years of age at the time of application and should also be able to provide evidences of your maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds. The overseas national is required to pass one of the approved English language tests before the application. We advise and represent our clients in respect of fulfilling all the requirements of this visa and also advise on substitute evidences, should you not be able to provide any primary evidences.

Once the application is approved, you will be given leave to remain or entry clearance for 27 months and will therefore be allowed to join your partner in the UK or continue to live in the UK if you are already here. You will have permission to take any employment or engage in self employment activities in the UK. At the end of total stay of 24 months in the UK, you can make an application for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

Unmarried partners of persons having Limited Leave to remain

If you are a partner of a person having limited leave to remain in the UK, you may also be able to join in the UK as his / her dependant. You do not need to pass any language tests and do not need to be above 21 years of age. You will be given similar length of the visa as your partner has, and will be able to apply for permanent residence in the UK together with your partner.

At Nasim and Co Solicitors, we offer our expertise of advising and representing our clients in making their entry clearance / further leave to remain applications. We have got extensive experience of handling complex immigration casework and can advice on all sorts of immigration matters.  We can represent our clients in making their unmarried partner visa applications and advise them on the requirements that need to be met, law and the procedure that need to be followed.

You can contact us at 02085528612 or info@nasimandcosolicitors.com and one of team members will be in touch with you shortly.