An adult coming into the UK for post-16 education.All students can enter to study at a Home Office-approved education provider only. This is otherwise known as a sponsorship. All Tier 4 students must apply for entry clearance. As part of their application they must produce certain documentation from the Home Office-approved educational institution at which they will be studying in the UK.


  • Must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal;

  • Applicant must have been awarded a minimum of 30 points if he has obtained from a sponsor a CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies);

  • The applicant must have been awarded a minimum of 10 points if they can show the required maintenance funds for their length of course and accommodation/stay;

  • Applicant must be able to demonstrate English language proficiency of a standard to be accepted from an individual who has reached the standard specified in his CAS;

  • The ECO must be satisfied that the applicant is a genuine student.